Media Looks the Other Way at How Biden Policies Could Enrich Biden Allies

Media Looks the Other Way at How Biden Policies Could Enrich Biden Allies

May 26, 2021

Today’s Washington Examiner published an op-ed by Power the Future’s founder and executive director Daniel Turner looking at how the media is conveniently ignoring ethics concerns surrounding politicians pushing for Green New Deal policies.

Case in point — Jennifer Granholm, Biden’s Energy Secretary, — who still reportedly holds millions of dollars in shares of Proterra, an electric bus company. Last month, the White House held an event where President Biden met virtually with officials and workers at Proterra’s South Carolina facility. Meanwhile, this administration continues to advocate for policies that could be a boon to the company, and its shareholders like Granholm.

But this is par for the course for Granholm, who also couldn’t help doubling down on promoting electric vehicles in the midst of a crisis. As today’s Examiner column explains:

As for Granholm, her tone-deaf comments in the aftermath of the hack of the Colonial Pipeline should be deeply troubling for anyone who relies on a vehicle with a combustible engine. At one point during the throes of the crisis, Granholm noted, “If you drive an electric car, this would not be affecting you, clearly.”

Talk about throwing bricks to a drowning person. Her pronouncement was good news for the approximate 2% of people who own electric cars, including Granholm, who recently added a $42,895 Mustang Mach-E to her fleet of taxpayer-funded vehicles. For the remaining 98% of us, well, we’re out of luck.

An objective mainstream media might point out the hypocrisy of advocating for products and policies that serve in a public official’s best interests. But I guess that only matters in Republican Administrations.